Sign up
Museum and Exhibition Complex New Jerusalem Presents Exposition Treasury"Special pantry".

The exposition combines the monuments of facial and ornamental sewing XVI – XVII and decorative and applied art made of precious metals - church items of work by masters of the Silver and Gold Chambers of the Moscow Kremlin of the 17th century, works of Russian enamel masters and masters of gold and silver of the 18th – 20th centuries.

The collections of front and ornamental sewing and precious metal products of the New Jerusalem Museum were formed in the 1920-1930s. The collection is based on objects from the vestry of the Resurrection New Jerusalem Monastery, on the territory of which from 1920 to 2013 the museum was located. Supplemented and significantly increased the collection of receipts of artistically significant objects from closed monasteries and churches, as well as from museums disbanded in the 1930s. In October 1941, exhibits made of precious metals and a collection of church cloths were sent to evacuation to Alma-Ata, due to which they were almost completely preserved. In the postwar period, the collection was never exhibited in a sufficiently complete version. Salvaged exhibits are now available to visitors.

Based on site materialsMVK "New Jerusalem".