A retrospective of the products of the first Imperial Porcelain Factory in Russia represents genuine masterpieces from the collection of the State Hermitage and Russian museums, as well as contemporary designer porcelain from the existing enterprise. On display are porcelain of baroque, classicism, empire, historicism and modernist styles. The exposition includes porcelain services, vases, table decorations, decorative plates, porcelain compositions, small plastic samples, more than 400 porcelain pieces created by the masters of the plant from its foundation to the present day.
The Imperial Porcelain Factory was founded by Empress Elizabeth Petrovna in 1744. It was here that the Chinese secret of porcelain was revealed and its production from domestic materials was established. Being the property of the Romanov family, the plant worked on the orders of the Supreme Court. Porcelain of the Imperial Factory adorned the residence of the imperial family, served the most important ceremonies, was presented as diplomatic gifts, and participated in international exhibitions. Glorified the plant art products. It was thanks to them that he became the pride and national treasure of Russia.