Description of the artwork «Kontraktova Square. Kyiv»
Kontraktova square - the district of Kyiv, the district of Podil. Kontraktova square - one of the oldest in Kiev, arose during the times of Kievan Rus. In 1123-1136 there was built the Church of the Virgin Pirogoshcha. After the destruction of the city of Podil, and Kontraktova Square became central. In the 15th century, the old well-fountain "Samson" was built. In the 16th-18th centuries, the complex of the Bratsky Monastery. The name of the contractor of Kiev entered into the international trade fairs. This was due to the fact that it was located near the port of Kiev.